Tuesday, August 23, 2011

411 Challenge 217 Pink Doilies

Sometimes you just have to flip that sketch. I stamped that big Melon Mambo doily up in the corner then realized that it needed to be opposite my punched image so I just flipped it from the right side to the left. I like it. Do you know what the punched image is? I know it's a cute little flower but are you looking at your punches wondering if you own it? I'll  tell you what it is in a minute.
There are two challenges over at Stamping 411 this week. This is the first. Here are the dimensions.
Base: 1 1 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Layer 3: 3x4"
Layer 4: Ribbon or cardstock
Layer 5: ANY shape punch

This is what I did. I scored and folded a piece of Melon Mambo cs 11 x 4 1/4 for the base. Added a piece of dsp from the brights dsp stack in Regal Rose, then a piece of Pink Pirouette was stamped with doilies, the large one in Melon Mambo. the small in Pretty in Pink  and the other large one in Pink Pirouette. Then I used the Melon Mambo marker to outline the edge of PP cs to give the illusion of a very small border. Then I adhered it to the dsp. I punched out the glossy white with the dotted scallop ribbon border and ran it through the crimper. Love that thing. It makes it look like real ribbon so you can make ribbon any color that you have in card stock. Then I punched once with the Lace Ribbon Border in Pretty in Pink. Gorgeous. Took the 3/4" circle punch and punched out a perfect little flower from the center. I wanted to back it with the Melon Mambo but the 1/2" circle wasn't quite large enough so I used the flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. It worked great. Added the basic pearl. and that's it.
Stamps: Delicate Doilies
Ink: Melon Mambo ink pad and marker, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Brights Patterns dsp stack, Glossy White
Tools: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Lace Ribbon Border punch ( This is the little flower on the ribbon), 3/4" circle punch, basic pearls
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colors and the simpleness of this one!! Very pretty!!

Selene Kempton said...

I love that you flipped the sketch! so very cool!

Patti Chesky said...

I love the crimped accent.......it's gorgeous!

At Paula's Place said...

Thanks to everyone who left a comment on my blog here. It is so fun to know that I am sharing with people who love this craft as much as I do. You all are wonderful