Sunday, February 27, 2011

St. Patty's Day Cake

Every year at our Church we have a day to celebrate all of the birthdays for the entire year. Twelve people make a cake each, one for each month, and bring them to share. We have a meal and then we taste the cake of our birthday month and then we can taste any other cake we like. This is the cake I took last year.
  • I used the FULL HEART EXTRA LARGE PUNCH to punch 3 heart negatives and put them together to form a shamrock.
  • I used my craft knife to free hand the stem
  • then I carefully laid the template I had made on the cake and sprinkled green colored sugar on it. I pressed it in slightly and lifted off the template.
  • Then I sprinkled very lightly a little more sugar over the whole cake
The cake tasted yummy too. I tinted a white cake green and people told me they tasted mint. We are so influenced by what we see. I used cream cheese frosting, my favorite.
Saleabration is going on until March 31. Take advantage of ordering $50 worth of beautiful Stampin' Up product and you will receive your choice of a free Saleabration item,

Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: