Monday, February 28, 2011

Vanessa Purse

Here is something you can do that is so easy I was able to do it. Make this purse in one hour. Using the Big Shot Die Cut machine and the bigz clear die SCALLOP SQUARE these fabric pieces got cut out in record time. You are able to cut eight layers of cotton fabric all at once. Just cut the fabric 5" wide and then fold it at 5" intervals until you get eight layers. Lay it on the die between two acrylic cutting pads and run it through. Every time I do this I get a big smile on my face. It is so much fun.

Then follow directions here and before you know it you have an actual purse.
Make sure you watch all the videos on how to do this before you start. I used only 4 squares per side instead of six as these purses were for young girls, which made them the perfect size.
Have fun and let me know what you created.
Tip: If you know any quilters, they are probably over run with extra fabric. They may be willing to part with enough to make one of these purses. It really doesn't take that much fabric.

Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: