Friday, September 11, 2009

Simply Hearts

This is the third and last card project we did at the last workshop I held. This came from my upline, Cindy Fodor and this is something I forget about doing. That is taking a small stamp, like the heart of flowers here, and stamping it a number of times, in this case three.

This is how I did it.
  • The base card is Rose Red cs 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
  • Then I used a piece of Very Vanilla cs 2 1/2 x 4 1/4. In which I punched each end with the horizontal slot. You will have to remove the guide on the punch in order to do this
  • Stamp the heart of flowers on it three times in basic brown ink. The stamp-a-ma-jig made this very easy. Start with the outside one's and leave the center one for last.
  • I colored them using blender pens and the ink on top of the ink pads. You know, when the ink pad is closed and you squish it onto the pad.
  • I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of vanilla cs and punched it out with the large oval punch. If you turn your punch over you will be able to line up the sentiment exactly where you want it.
  • I punched one word window out of close to cocoa and cut it in half.
  • I punched a scalloped oval out of pretty in pink.
  • I had pieces of pretty in pink cs 1 3/4 x 4 1/2 and close to cocoa cs 2 x 4 3/4.
  • Assemble. Look at the picture for help with this. Tuck the cut end of the word window into the punched slot on the vanilla.
  • Use the 1/16" punch to make the hole for the brads.
I think that's it. This card could be made up in a variety of colors. I love this set.

Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place

Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Said 115066
Paper:Very Vanilla cs 101650, Rose Red cs 102544, Close to Cocoa cs 101341 Pretty in Pink cs 100459
Tools
: Scallop oval punch 114889,
Large Oval Punch 107305, Horizontal Slot Punch 105089
Ink:Basic Brown 104315, Rose Red 101778 , Close to Cocoa 103139 Pretty in Pink 101301
Embellishments: Vintage brads 109109



No comments: