Friday, July 10, 2009

Wings in Blue


Here's a new hostess set that you get for free from Stampin' Up with a qualifying order or workshop. This is a set I was not too sure of when I saw it but when I put ink to it it came to life. I love this now and there are so many possibilities with this set. When we talk birds I think of my friend Karen and she loves blue birds and this bird is blue. This card is fairly straight forward but here are the details
  • I first inked up the bird stamp with Ballet blue classic ink and stamped it on a piece of whisper white cs which measures 3" x 2 7/8". Make sure you treat your stamps, especially the large area stamps, with either Stazon cleaner or buff them with a sanding block then clean thoughoughly to remove all the residue from the manufacturing process. The ink will really grab hold.
  • Then I backed it with a piece of ballet blue card stock mesuring 3 1/2" x 3 1/8" that I ran the scallop edge punch down one side.
  • I punched a hole in the middle of the flower with the paper piercer and put a rhinestone brad through. Use the thick squishy (a technical term) foam pad that comes with the mat pack and the paper piercer to do this. While it's still laying on the pad feed brad through the hole.
  • Another piece of whisper white cs, 4" x 4", was stamped with the flower and the swirl from the same set in ballet blue to make my own designer paper.
  • This was adhered to a ballet blue card 11" x 4 1/4" scored then folded in half and stamped once in the lower left corner with the swirl again in ballet blue. When making a card that folds at the top you are folding against the grain so make sure to score before folding.
  • Then I punched out a wide oval from whisper white and a scallop oval from ballet blue. I stamped the sentiment on whisper white in ballet blue, then punched it out with the large oval punch. and assembled them as shown.
  • Both the oval and the scallop edged piece were attached with dimensionals.
Simple but elegant. I love how the background sort of matches the wing. Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Wings of Friendship, hostess set
Card Stock: Ballet Blue 100613, Whisper White 100730
Tools: Bone Folder 102300, Scallop Edge punch 112091, Wide Oval Punch 112082, Scallop Oval Punch 114889, Large Oval Punch 107305, Paper-Piercing Tool 116631, Mat Pack 105826
Ink: Ballet Blue Classic Stampin' Pad 100907
Other Embellishments: Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads 109111

No comments: