Monday, July 13, 2009

Boho Background Tiles





This is a great card if you need a quick one for a man. Punching out the squares with the square punch makes fast work of this project. The black and vanilla colors keep it very simply male. They don't like a lot of embellishments and that's okay because in the stamping world there is something for everyone. The clean lines really give this card a sharp look and remind me of an old fashioned tile floor but I also have a hand crafted bag that uses this same color scheme and I use it to carry all sorts of items when I need to tote them around. My inspiration came from here. Mary is a precision stamper who I have enjoyed following on her blog for a while now.

  • The first thing I did was stamp the circle from the Boho bg set on a piece of 2" x 2" vanilla cs in basic black
  • Then I backed that with a square of basic gray 2 1/8" and then backed that with a 2 1/2" square in black
  • The main card measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half which is black.
  • Next I punched out 12, 1 1/4" squares using the square punch. Six vanilla and six black.
  • I added a small filigree brad to one of the gray squares and adhered that to the bottom left hand corner of the card Spaced the rest of them across the card and adhered them with snail adhesive.
  • On the inside I attached a piece of vanilla cs measuring 4" x 5 1/4" because it is really hard to write on black cs.
It's just that simple. Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.


Supplies:
Stamp Set
:
Boho Backgrounds 114940
Card Stock:
Basic Black Card Stock 102851, Very Vanilla Card Stock 101650, Neutrals Card Stock 108588
Tools
:
Bone Folder 102300, 1-1/4 Inch Square Punch 104400
Ink
:
Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad 101179
Embellishments: Filigree Designer Brads 112577


No comments: