Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Challenge 253 Metal Patina


 Another week another challenge. I saw this technique on SCS and thought I would give it a try. I love how it turned out but it looks so much better in real life. The Happy Birthday panel is sprayed with smooch spray and shines real nice. I used brushed copper card stock to punch out a copper ribbon with the dotted ribbon border punch. That has been retired for years but I still have some and I thought it was perfect for this card. I needed three masculine cards for the month of June birthdays and this is just the ticket. I have  pictures of the other two which I will post very soon.
There is a tutorial at SCS for making the panel that looks like metal under Patina. I hope you give it a try too. It's pretty easy and quick and the results are dramatic. 
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place and if you have any questions email me or leave a comment. 
Supplies:
Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Brushed Copper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Versamark, Early Espresso
Accessories: Smooch Spritz Gold Glow, Vintage Wallpaper ef, sponges, copper embossing powder, heat gun, corner rounder, paper piercing tool, mat pack
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

gbarron56 said...

beautiful job, Paula -- love all the texture and color! Great use of this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

What an AWESOME use of the technique and sketch! this is truly a wow!