Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ed's Birthday Card


I made this card a long time ago, when this stamp set first came out in the Holiday mini catalog last year. I made the background paper with post it notes and a brayer and then stamped and embossed the medallion on top of it and also stamped the swirls from Baroque Motifs on the bottom piece. If you look real closely you can see the smallest pearl right in the middle. The Wild Wasabi is embossed with the lines ef. The card got a lot of admiring on Sunday when I gave it to Ed my brother in law for his birthday.







Here is the inside of the card, I always like to put some kind of lighter card stock inside when I'm using a dark color for the base of the card. It makes it so much easier for the recipient to read the message and sort of ties everything together.
Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.

Supplies:
Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Baroque Motifs, Happiset Birthday Wishes
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Black Craft, Basic Black
Tools: Eleganat Lines ef, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Scallop Trim border punch, basic pearls, black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, clear embossing powder


Remember today is the last day of the Big Sale, head over to the stampin' Up website and check out all the deep discounts and then call me with your order. Because I'm giving you free shipping on any order over $50 you have to go directly through me to get that. 301-471-7366
Posted by Picasa

No comments: