Monday, July 18, 2011

Friendship Blooms

Hello there. Do you remember this stamp set from a couple of years ago. It's called Friendship Blooms. I loved this set and when I recently saw a similar card on SCS I had to make one more from this great set. My husband was the recipient of this card, actually it was his Father's Day card. He is my very best friend and it doesn't look to girly. The white gel pen really makes this card pop. Without it the card looks sort of  nice and normal but the white gives it almost a Scandanavian look.
I used retired card stock for this one. The base is Sage Shadow. 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 fold in half
Layer 2 is basic Black 5 1/4 x 4. Layer 3 Baroque Burgundy 5 x 3 3/4 Layer 4 So Saffron6 x 2 3/4 stamped with the large flower from Friendship Blooms in Baroque Burgundy then sponged around the edges. Layer 5 Sage Shadow card stock 4 1/4 x 2 1/4 Layer 6 Basic Black cs 4 1/4 x 2 Layer 7 Baroque Burgundy  cs stamped with the flower trio ( I used stampamajig) 4 1/4 x 1 3/4  Layer 8 3/4" piece ofSage Shadow punched with Scallop Border punch  on both sides. Layer 9 Rectangle Basic Black cs punched with Scallop Border punch all the way around. Check here for how to do that. Layer 10 Baroque Burgundy cs 2 3/8 x 1 3/8 Layer 11 So Saffron cs 2 1/4 x 1 1/4 stamped with message from Friendship Blooms The flower in the corner is 2 little Leaves die out of Sage  Shadow and a Daisy out of So Saffron with a Baroque Burgundy 1/4" circle added to the center.
I did make two of these cards on the other one I added glitter to the flower but not this one for my man. Okay, now add all the dots with your Signo White Gel pen. Just take your time and space them evenly and it goes really quickly. I added three little dots to the corner of the black scallop square. Let me know if you make something similar, I'd love to see it.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place. If you have any questions let me know.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: