Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quilt Top is Finished

I gave you a sneak peak of this a while ago and wanted to show you what you can do with a little encouragement and some supplies. Now, you have to understand I am in no way a quilter or even a seamstress. That has been left, along with all the talent, to my sisters and mom. But Angela Kennedy over at Chic n Scratch made a video of how she made a quilt and I followed her instructions and this came out. I got a little help from my mom, just for direction on the borders but other than that it was all me. I am so happy with it and cannot wait to get it actually quilted. It will be dropped off at the quilter's house sometime and then returned to me in November. I have a spot reserved but she is so good that that is how much work she has lined up. and she works at it full time. She will do what she calls heirloom quilting so I will get a quality item back. Here it is with the border attached, what a difference.

The Stampin' Up Item I used was the Bigz clear Flower die. It cut through the fabric like butta eight layers at a time and it made me smile every time. Each of my flowers came out perfectly. It measures 47" x 61 1/2" so when completed it will cover me up to take a nap, when I get the chance.
I love the colors and it went together very easily. I would estimate that I spent a total of about eight hours all together on this. Well worth it.
Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place
Posted by Picasa

No comments: