Do you remember last year before the new 2010-2011 idea book and catalog came out, before the "upsetting" color renovation happened. There was panic in the streets when that came about. Now, we love, love, love the new colors and cannot imagine going back. Well, before all that took place I made my friend Kye Ann a birthday card. I met her at church and she takes part in a group called the Linus Project. That organization provides blankets to local hospitals to provide them to children patients. So when I learned how to make this type of card I thought of her and went ahead and made her this birthday card. She will receive it today. Even though the card stock and dsp are retired I hope she likes it.
- Cameo Coral card stock was used as the base for the card.
- A Top Note was made through the Big Shot and using the Top Note Die
- 1 1/4" square punch on the designer series paper
- The squares made from retired Spring Flowers dsp (2006-2007) were then adhered to the Top Note with Anywhere Glue Stick
- The stitching was added with the Chocolate Chip marker
- Scallop Square punch was used on Chocolate Chip card stock
- A beautiful K was stamped with Lovely Letters stamp set on Very Vanilla Card Stock and Chocolate Chip ink then punched out with the 1 1/4" square punch
- Both the letter square and the finished Top Note were lightly sponged with Chocolate Chip ink
- The bow was added by using 1/4" Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon
It's a card that is impressive and once you have the technique down it goes fairly quickly.
Another added step you can do, which I learned about after I made this card, is once the Top Note is covered with dsp and the "stitches" have been taken it can be run through the Big Shot again using one of many of the Embossing Folders. The Finial Press, Wallpaper, Square Lattice to make it look even more quilted.
Any questions let me know.
Sale-a-bration is still going on and for every $50 you order inb Stampin' Up product you will receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration Catalog. So go on over to my Stampin' Up website and start shopping.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.