Friday, December 24, 2010

Jar of Nuts with card



This is a picture of the jar of Swedish nuts that I gave our preacher's family on Sunday. Sue, wife of preacher, gave us a beautiful big tray of homemade cookies and candies. She makes like 200 dozen cookies each year and gives them away. We are fortunate to be on the receiving end of that. I thought it would be nice to give a little back this year. They are tasty and easy to make.

  • The lid was decorated with Real Red striped ribbon (retired) but on the clearance rack, attached with sticky strip.
  • I used the large scallop circle from the #2 circle die in garden green.
  • Then cut out a 1 3/4" whisper white circle using the circle scissors. Love that thing
  • Then punched a real red scallop circle with the 2 3/8'" scallop circle extra large punch
  • I attached a snowflake, also from the clearance rack, with a round fire brad. From the bundles that were available last month. What great deals.
  • I pierced holes in all the scallops and sort of bent the green ones over the side of the lid.
  • I attached the circle with Mono adhesive.
  • TIP: If you use mono adhesive to put things together you have a few seconds to move things around to get them just right and once it is dry, boy does it ever stick good.
  • The jar is reused from Smucker's Natural peanut butter. My husband eats a jar a week so next year I am going to save a lot more and give these as gifts. I only made two this year but I am real happy with the results.
  • Here is the recipe for Swedish Nuts, I got this from my friend Karen. She is a great cook.
  • Preheat oven to 225 degrees
  • 1 lb. nuts (4 c. pecans + 1 1/4 c almonds)
  • /2 c sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • Toss nuts with egg whites and water. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix. Bake on cookie sheet stirring every 15 min. for one hour.
Any questions email me. Please leave a comment if you like this.
Well, thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: