Blythe Klipple sent me the instructions to make this card in her 12 days of Christmas. As soon as I saw it I knew that I would be making this and showing my stampers how to do it. I love the quilt look with the double run through the Big Shot. Here is her blog. I will post the instructions here also. I changed the sentiment, I think tidings of comfort just go along with the quilt look. My mom is a quilter and I made sure she got this card for her Christmas card from me.
STAMPS: Word Play clear (120651), wood (120308)
INK: Cherry Cobbler (119669)
CARD STOCK: Old Olive (100702), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Very Vanilla (101650), Daffodil Delight (119683), Garden Green (102584), Basic Black (121045)
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Top Note Die (113463), 11/4" Square Large punch (119865), Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper (117159), Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (116824), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), 1-3/8" Circle Large Punch (119860), Heart Small Punch (117193), Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch (118074), Two-Step Bird Extra-Large Punch (117191), 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Extra-Large Punch (119859), Stamping Sponges (101610), Anywhere Glue Stick (104045), Snail Adhesive (104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
To make the card:
1. Cut a piece of " Cherry Cobbler card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" for your card base. Fold this in half.
2. Cut a 5-1/2" strip of Old Olive card stock and punch a border using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch. Adhere this to card front horizontally in center.
3. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 5" X 4-1/2" . Punch out 12 squares of designer series paper using the 11/4" Square Punch. Adhere in random order onto the piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I have found it easier to "smear" the Anywhere Glue Stick onto the base card stock, in this case, Very Vanilla. I chose to 'smear' mine glue stick as I go, not all at once. Then attach your squares.
4. Run this piece of Very Vanilla card stock through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine using the Top Note die. Take this cut out piece and then run it back through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine using the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder. Adhere to your card.
To make the bird:
5. Punch a circle from Cherry Cobbler card stock using the 1-3/8" Circle Large Punch. Cut this in half in an arc shape. Punch a heart from Cherry Cobbler card stock using the Heart Small Punch. Adhere this one to the bottom back half of the half circle forming a tail.
6. Cut a 1" square from Basic Black card stock. Adhere to front of bird head and trim. Cut a 1" square from Daffodil Delight card stock. Cut in half and adhere to back of bird head to form beak. Punch out smallest circle from Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch and adhere to bird head for eye.
7. Punch out the branch from the Two-Step Bird Extra-Large Punch using Garden Green card stock. Adhere this to card front. Adhere bird so he's sitting on the branch.
8. Stamp Joy from the Word Play Stamp Set onto Very Vanilla card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. Punch out, using Extra Large Oval Punch. Using Stamping Sponges, sponge around edges. Adhere to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
9. You’re done.
Please leave a comment so I know you came by to visit and what you think.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.