Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Upsy Daisy in Turquoise

I don't know why but lately I have been grabbing the Upsy Daisy stamp set to make my cards. I like it. At first when I got it I really couldn't think of much to do with it and then the wheels started turning and now I think it is one of the most versatile sets there is. It's solid but it can look like a line stamp and it can be used for a bg or the main focal point. What more could a girl want.
So here is another card made with Upsy Daisy and I think this is appropriate for a man. No flowery, ribbony, curly cues or scallops so that's what I'm going to do. Give it to a man. I hope he likes it and I hope you do too.
It's such a simple card so here are the steps.
  • First there is the card 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 in Tempting Turquoise (after it's folded)
  • Then the Whisper White cs went through the Big Shot riding on top of the Top Note die.
  • It came out with that cute little border of embossing around the edge.
  • Using the stamp-a-ma-jig to place it just so, the daisies were inked in T. Turquoise then using the rock and roll method with taken with Teal.
  • The sentiment was stamped in T. Turquoise on a scrap piece of Whisper White then punched out with the Word Window.
  • I punched some T. Turquoise cs with the Modern Label punch. Then adhered the sentiment with a little turquoise brad and stuck it right on the front of the card with snail glue.
That's it.
I love my new camera. I wanted one that took really good close up shots and I think I got one. This happy birthday looks clear to me. I enjoy looking at close ups so I want to include them here also.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place. I hope you take some of these ideas and use them yourself. Stamp away.
Supplies:
Stamp Set:
Upsy Daisy 111710
Paper:
Whisper White cs 100730, Tempting Turquoise
cs 102067
Tools
:
Big Shot 113439, Top Note Bigz Die 113463, Modern Label Punch 116630, Word Window Punch 105090, Mat Pack 105826, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig 101049
Ink: Tempting Turquoise 100814, Taken With Teal 103257
Embellishments
: turquoise brad

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Hi Paula- The new blog looks great! Wonderful choice. The more I see the Big Shot used the more I need to just get it so I can play along. I love your Upsy Daisy card with the top note die. Great job!

Amanda