Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Owl's Story

I have been making cards with the new stamp set Animal Stories lately. I have grown kids and no grandchildren, yet so this set got set aside for a while. But it is so cute and once the ink gets on that rubber I just love all the stamps. These will be great for scrap booking too, especially for baby and little kid pictures. Like a day at the zoo, or ocean, or a hike in the woods.
I got this card from Amanda. I totally cased her card, except for one significant difference. I did not use the IN COLOR colors. I used the regular line of colors that will always be there. She has been so gracious to let me use her design.

There is a lot going on with this card.
  • Let's start with the main card. It's elegant eggplant and it's stamped with the large flower stamp from Circle Circus in elegant eggplant for a bg.
  • Then the whisper white cs 2 2/3 x 3 1/2 was stamped in tempting turquoise with the Teeny Tiny wishes HB.
  • The 3 Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads were added using the mat pack and paper piercer to line them up in a neat row.
  • This was backed with tempting turquoise cs 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 then more mustard cs. 3 x 4
  • A square scallop was punched out of elegant eggplant and mounted on the white.
  • The owl was stamped on a scrap of whisper white in more mustard, then using the stamp-a-ma-jig I hit it with a coating of versamark and clear embossing powder, heated it and got the nice shine on it. He was popped up with a dimensional.
  • I put a piece of white cs inside, because the e. eggplant is so dark, and stamped a flower circle from circle circus on the bottom right corner and a sentiment in t. turquoise. I forgot to take a picture of that and I already gave this one to a friend for his birthday.
He really seemed to like it. His wife stamps also so I think he appreciated it very much.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.


Supplies:
Stamp Set:
Animal Stories 116716, Circle Circus 115778, Teeny Tiny Wishes 115370
Paper:
Whisper White cs 100730, Tempting Turquoise
cs 102067, More Mustard cs 100946, elegant eggplant cs 105126
Tools
:
Mat Pack 105826, paper piercer 116631 Stamp-A-Ma-Jig 101049, square scallop punch 112081, paper snips 103579
Ink: Tempting Turquoise 100814, More Mustard 103162 , elegant eggplant 105210
Embellishments: Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads 109111 (turquoise) dimensionals 104430

No comments: