Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sketch Challenge SC242

Another challenge from SplitCoastStampers. Each Wednesday they have a card challenge and I like to take part in it. It really stretches me to use layouts that I would not normally use. You can take part too. Here is the link They keep the current challenge up top until the next week and then you can find the challenge you want by looking for the number.

Here is the card that I made.
I knew I wanted to use the Dasher stamp, it's so cute, so I started with that.
  • First I stamped Dasher onto whisper white cs 1 7/8 x 2 3/4. Then with 2 way glue traced his antlers and sprinkled glitter on them. Let that dry well. Then back it with sage shadow cs.
  • I used To The Nines dsp for 2 of the layers. #2 & 4 if you check the sketch. #2, 1 1/16 x 4 and #4, 2 x 3 1/4
  • Look at panel #3. The white one with the sage swirlys. Look closely, can you figure out how I made that design. okay. I'll tell you. I used Dasher's antlers and the stamp-a-ma-jig. It matches perfectly with Dasher. That panel measures 1 3/8 x 5.
  • Then I backed all the panels with choc chip cs
  • The card base is 4 x 5 1/4 and backed with choc chip 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. So the sage card opens but the choc chip backing stays in place.
If you have any questions email me or leave a comment here on this post. Here is the card sketch for you to compare mine with. Here is the link to my gallery at SCS so you can look at all my cards at once and see what others are saying about them.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Dasher 116816
Paper: Sage Shadow cs 101563, Whisper White cs 100730, Chocolate Chip cs 102128, To The Nines dsp 114038
Tools: 2 way glue 100425
Ink: chocolate chip 100908, sage shadow 102532
Embellishments: Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter 102023

No comments: