Friday, July 31, 2009

That Pretty Little Dress

I am so happy to share this card with you today. I found it here. It's just unique enough to catch the eye and for a little girl's birthday or an invitation to a tea this would be perfect. I have five great nieces and they will all be getting dresses for their birthday's next year. Imagine the colors and if dsp is added as an apron there are endless possibilities.
I found the template here.
  • I used Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose cs to cut out the template of the dress
  • Then I punched the eyelet border in whisper white for the hem and under the bodice.
  • I took a piece of regal rose and cut the piece for just above the waistline and under the hemline. Also to punch out the little heart at the neck.
  • How did I get the cute collar. Well, that is the scallop oval punch, then I just cut it to fit.
  • I stamped the dress's skirt with boho bg flower
  • I also added cross hatching to mimick smocking on the regal rose piece and glitter to the heart.
  • Glued it all together and sat back and smiled.
This was so satisfying I made another. More along the shabby style. Sponging the edges. Here the dress is cameo coral with Walk in the Park dsp, retired. I used the Boho blossoms punch for the pocketFor the collar I used basic gray and the scallop circle punch and then cut out the collar where needed. Then on this one I also bent the lace. If you look at the first one the eyelet lace on the bottom of the dress is straight across. On the second one is curved and follows the curve of the dress better. Let me know if you want to know how to do this. I want to here from you.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Boho Background 114940
Paper:
Whisper White 106529, Pretty In Pink 100459, Regal Rose 105130 Tools: Scallop Oval Punch 114889, Eyelet Border Punch 113692, Craft & Rubber Scissors 103179, little heart punch non SU Ink: Stampin' Write Markers; Regal Rose 105108 Ink Pads; Regal Rose 105211
2nd dress also uses Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad 105208, Boho Blossoms Punch 110711, Scallop Circle Punch 109043

No comments: