Saturday, May 4, 2013

Brenna's Birthday Card


Hello, and welcome to Paula's Place. I'm so glad you stopped by to take a look at what I have for you today. 
I found this adorable frog on Debbie Henderson's blog and had to give it a try. My grand niece turned eleven years old so I made her this card. She loves frogs and bugs and outdoor things and this fit her perfectly. Notice the thought bubble, it's new from Stampin' Up. It says Hoppy Birthday. So cute. 
The frog was made with  a number of punches and the lily pad from an oval die which was then run through the Big Shot inside the perfect polka dot embossing folder. One of my favorite techniques. It gives card stock instant texture and depth and only takes about 10 seconds to do. I also ran the Bashful blue mat piece through the Big Shot using the swirls embossing folder from Cuttlebug which gives the impression of water. Perfect for the background. The flower was stamped in Stazon Black and colored with a blender pen and ink. Pumpkin pie and Pretty in Pink and punched out with the Boho Blossom punch. The Punches I used for the frog are as follows. 
Wide Oval punch-head  Then I used the black marker to draw a smile and nose. 
Large oval-Legs
1 3/4" circle punch- body
1 3/8" circle punch-body
Boho blossom punch-feet
Eyes-Green-1/2" circle punch, white-punch pack circle, black 1/4" circle punch also a white gel pen was used to give those highlights. 
Frog is made with Certainly Celery card stock and then sponged with the same color ink
Lily pad is made with Wild Wasabi card stock and sponged with the same color ink. 
I would love to hear from you. Tell me you stopped by and how you like Mr. Froggie. 

I almost forgot to mention the conversation bubble. It's from Designer Type Photopolymer Stamp Set. The first Photopolymer Stamp Set Stampin' Up has put out. I'm confident that there will be more sets in the new catalog coming out at the end of May. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: