Friday, June 29, 2012

My Bedroom Wall


I didn't get the chance to make a card for the Stamping 411 challenge this week because I was working on another project. My husband and I will have lived in our house for five years in October and I never did anything with the wall above our bed because the ceiling has a peak and the head board has a ball in the center and it accentuated the bed's off center look. But then a saw a design magazine with a number of pictures put on a wall in a collection and it struck me that that is what I could do. So I did it. I found the frames on the cheap at a big store. And started designing each one.





Istarted with the Perfect Plum one with the gold swirls. I used Baroque Motifs. The little flowers are stamped in black and the the flower burst is embossed in silver. I got the idea from Bits & Pieces. Heather is a true artist.

Then I came up with the lattice one with the flowers and butterflies. I added the rhinestones but I'm not sure you can see them when they are up on the wall but I still like them for bling.

As you can see here are three more. The Fleur de lis was done with a stencil and a number of embossing folders. I brayered the color onto the texture and sponged around the main panel, and for the heart I used the hearts framelits collection with a word from fabulous phrases.
The scene with the purple sky is my own creation starting with a brayered sky in several shades of purple, then ripped paper for the masks for the mountains and cliffs. It's reminiscent of Sedona, AZ where my husband and I like to go and hike for a month each year. I was surprised and happy when he knew what it was right away. 

So all of it went up on my wall with the Decor Elements that look like Baroque Motifs. I like the way they peak out from behind the frames. I am sad that these items have been discontinued. They are so fun and easy to put up.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place. If you have any questions let me know by emailing me.

No comments: