Saturday, March 17, 2012

Getting Big

Before I get into this post let me remind you that Saleabration is going on right now but doesn't last very much longer, just until the end of  March. Then another year will be in the books. Don't miss the opportunity to earn FREE items. Each $50 you order in Stampin' Up merchandise you will be able to choose a FREE item. Check out my sidebar for the Saleabration catalog to see what those are and email me right away. You don't want to miss this.
Now:
About a year and a half ago I got the chance to go to one of Michelle Zindorf's workshops and I jumped at the chance. Boy am I glad I did. Her brayering technique is unique and that day I felt like I was breaking all the rules about brayering that I had learned from years of experience and other people's instruction. Since then I have made many cards with this technique and they have all turned out to be stunning little art projects. Today I needed a bigger gift. My SIL and I talked about this a year ago and she wants something to hang on her wall and had told me she likes blue and flowers so this has been rattling around in my brain for all that time. I tried it on a full sheet of beautiful Whisper White card stock and it turned out great. I brayered Bashful Blue, then Marina Mist then Pacific Point to the top. For the green I used Pear Pizzaz and Wild Wasabi (one of my favorites of all time) then sponged with WW. I used a combination of WW and Garden Green for the stamping. The white flowers from Fifth Ave Floral were stamped in Basic Black and slightly colored with Bashful Blue and Daffodil Delight then cut out. I free handed some leaves out of Garden Green. Then I took the "branch" from Thoughts and Prayers and did some coloring on the rubber. I used Early Espresso, Always Artichoke and Riding Hood Red. I did that five times to give the illusion that there is a tree just out of sight and the branches are overhanging into the picture. I think it worked.
I am going to her house next week and get to give this to her in person. That doesn't happen to me very often because I have family all over the country. Thank goodness for the U.S. Postal service. But I'm very excited to give this to her. I hope she likes it.
Here it is all framed and ready. Let me know what you think too
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.

Supplies
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Just Believe, Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Whisper White Card Stock
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzaz, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
Tools: Paper Snips, Brayer, sponges
Frame: $3 Made is USA. Email me and I'll tell you where I got it. It measures 8 1/2" x 11"
Posted by Picasa