Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stamping 411 Chalenge 231

Hello everyone. Here is another challenge card for Stamping 411. This was a hard one for me because I like my life to be symetrical and this is definitely not. But I'm glad I did it, I felt like I was struggling through it but when I see my finished card, I love it. I couldn't find the background paper I wanted so I made my own. Then I incorporated the splitcoaststampers tutorial for the week into it. It's called spirelli. Here's the tutorial on that. My first attempt. I tried to add a sentiment but nothing looked right so I decided to just leave well enough alone. Let me know what you think.
The background was done with two shades of blue, direct to paper, then sponged with the bashful blue all over to soften and even it out. The snow flake is from merry details sizzlit die and is really sparkly.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
Supplies:
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot, Snow Flurries
Paper: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
Tools: 2 3/8"scallop circle punch, paper piercer, Merry Details sizzlit die, Tombo mono adhesive and dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensionals, embroidery floss
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Very striking and beautiful. Love the colors.

Tammy Fite said...

Love it! That Spirelli technique looks fun!!

Patti Chesky said...

What fun touches on this card. I've never tried the spirelli technique, but it looks awesome!

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is so soft and beautiful! I love that technique! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Jill Briggs said...

I love your background paper, it gives movement--like a snowstorm! Thanks for your kind comments and congrats to you too!