Friday, July 29, 2011

2nd Christmas Card


Here it is, similar to the other one but different. I still have quite a bit of the Holly Jolly Chirstmas dsp, which is lovely, but I want you to know that a pack of designer series paper has a lot of paper in them. I have used this for two projects in my classes and lots of personal projects and I still have full sheets. You really get your moneys worth when you get a pack of it.
The poinsettia is the star of this card, the embossed flowers in the background are more subtle because I did nothing to highlight them so the big flower really pops. A simple sentiment and the dotted ribbon border, which turns any cardstock into a ribbon, which I love, it keeps it flat for mailing. Speaking of that, when my husband saw this card he said, how's that going to mail. Beautifully. The flower completeing flattens out and it will slip into an envelope very easily and when your recipient receives it they can leave it like it comes or you could include a little instruction sheet in the card to pinch each leaf for more 3 d effect. These little flowers hold up, they are strong. and they sparkle real nice in real life as they have a coating of smooch spray on them.
I used Stickles for the 3 centers on this but you could use small gold brads, or basic jewels, or even card stock punched out with the smallest of our circle punches 1/16".

Supplies:
Stamps: Contempo Christmas
Paper: Card stoce Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, whisper white, and Holly Jolly dsp
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Big Shot, Petals-a-plenty embossing folder, 5 petal flower punch, Scallop border punch, Dotted scallop ribbon border punch
If you have any questions email me. Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place

Posted by Picasa

No comments: