Monday, June 20, 2011

Rich Razz Birthday

If you have ever tried to photograph a white card you will understand why I have a green piece of dsp behind this card. My photo box( where I put the cards to take their pictures) is totally white and the white base of the card just disappears into that background so adding the color makes the card pop.
This card was inspired by Mary Fish and her Stampin' Pretty blog.
Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Day of Gratitude
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Scallop Border Punch, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8" circle punch, Black buttons, clear embossing powder
I used very slim cuts of card stock to thread through the holes in the buttons to look like thread.
That's it, this card went together fairly quickly. I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
This is an update since I posted this I got my new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog and yay! Day of Gratitude is in the new catalog. I am thrilled about that. It was one of my most favorite sets to work with. As soon as I saw it in the Holiday Mini Catalog (fall 2010) I was drawn to that set. I even had a class one month where we made 4 projects all using Day of Gratitude. So check it out, it's a great set.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Paula, what a gorgeous card!! Those colors are so striking!!

You had asked me about sewing on my cards - I use my regular sewing machine that I used to make clothes with. Now I only use it for mending and cards!!!! As for the needle, I use a regular needle when sewing on my cards. If I need to sew material, I will change the needle. Also, when putting together my layers that I will be sewing on, I only apply adhesive in the middle of the paper, not along the edges, to help hold it in place. That way my needle isn't getting all gummed up with adhesive.
Thank you for your kind comment. Hope to see you often at the Stamping 411 challenges.

Linda