Saturday, June 25, 2011

Golf Anyone


The month of June always brings with it  a lot of birthdays for me and my family. Both physical and spiritual families. I sent out quite a few cards this month but one that really strikes my eye for it's simplicity and impact is this one of the golf ball about to roll into the hole. My husband has played golf for many years, more than I'd like to say, yet he has never had a hole in one. His birthday is in August and he will be receiving a similar card to this but our friend Donald is an avid golfer and he got this card this month for his birthday.
I learned how to do this when I went to Michelle Zindorf's brayering class last August. What a fun filled day that was. She is a generous and patient teacher and what I learned I have retained as very useful information. I made this card off of one of her tutorials on her blog. She puts up about 3 tutorials a week as she travels so extensively. They are detailed in how to do them but you must know her brayering technique in order to get the same results as shown here or on her blog. I love the effect.
Let me know what you think.
Supplies:
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black and River Rock
Ink:  Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy and Tempting Turquoise
Tools:  Stampin’ Up! Sponges, 1 1/4″ circle punch, Oval Punch, Brayer, Post it Note, Small Dots Texture Plate and Big Shot Machine
Here is a link to Michelle's tutorial 
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
There are only a couple of days left for the last chance lists. Some accessories are up to 40% off. Check them out at Stampin' Up   and then email me or call me with your order. Don't miss something because it's retiring by June 30. Here's your chance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: