Friday, October 22, 2010

Birthday Cupcake with a Cherry


Isn't this a cute card for a ten year old's birthday. I gave it to my grandniece and she loved it. The sentiment cracks me up. So much you can do with that, I had to make something with a cherry on top. It was so easy:

  • I punched out the large scallop circle 2 3/8" in pink, I used a retired color but it could be Pretty in Pink or Melon Mambo. A cherry cobler marker touched here and there gave some depth to the frosting and I cut 5 of the scallops off for a nice even bottom and added with dimensionals.
  • Then I cut a 2"square out of Soft Suede and ran it through my crimper at a slight angle. The cherry was punched out of Cherry Cobbler, what else, using the 1/2" circle punch and I just got a sliver of Choc Chip cs for the stem
  • I used the mat pack and paper piercer on the corners of the Green layer and put that on with dimensionals onto the So Saffron card.
  • Stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink.
I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.

No comments: