Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fifth Avenue Floral



Today I decided to case a card right out of the Idea Book & Catalog. It really does have great ideas and suggestions. This one is found on page 122. I changed it up a bit. I think that stamping the rose onto colored card stock gives the flower a much richer look.

What I did was this:

Supplies:

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral

Paper: Perfect plum cs, Crumb Cake cs, So Saffron cs.

Ink: Basic black, Perfect plum marker

Tools: paper snips, dotted scallop ribbon punch, scallop trim border punch


I used a piece measuring 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" of perfect plum cs for the card. Fold in half.

Crumb Cake cs measures 4 1/4" x4 1/4"

So Saffron is 4 1/4" x 3/4"

Perfect Plum 4 1/4" wide and at least 3/4" high to run through the ribbon border punch. I love this punch, it allows you to make ribbon out of any color card stock that you have.

Then on scraps of both Crumb Cake and Perfect Plum I stamped all three flowers in Basic Black ink and then cut them out. I stamped the message at the top of the crumb cake cs. and adhered the smallest flower in the center and put the other two flowers on with dimensionals. I also shaded the rose with the perfect plum marker along the lines of the rose. It really gives it depth and makes it pop out like 3-D. Assemble the rest and send this to someone you care about.
If you would like to place an order email me at paularough1@gmail.com and I would be happy to help you .
Thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place.
Please leave a comment so I know that you were visiting me. Thank you

No comments: