Happy Independence Day! We celebrate our freedom in this country every year on July 4th and one of the symbols associated with that day, and our flag, is the star. Stampin' Up has some wonderful star punches to make those images so quick and simple. And beautiful red, white and blue card stock to add just the right colors. This is to celebrate the birth of our country and here is how I did it.
- I started with Whisper White cs for the base of the card, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half and creased with the bone folder.
- Real Red cs 5 1/4" x 4" for the next layer.I ran this through the Big Shot with the star texture plate. It's sort of hard to see in the picture but it's there. If you spray the cs lightly with rubbing alcohol just before it goes through the texturizing it will be more defined.
- Night of Navy 3/4" x 4"
- Two stars punched out with the large star punch. 1 in white cs and 1 in Night of Navy cs.
- 3 small stars punched out with the small star punch, 2 from white cs and 1 from Night of Navy cs
- Birthday Wishes was stamped on Whisper White in Real Red classic Ink then punched out with the word window and adhered to the Navy strip.
- I added the star brads on the 2 large stars in contrasting colors. They each go through the star and the red layer but not the white layer. Makes for a neat card inside.
Stamp Set: Wow Flowers (sentiment) 111714
Card Stock: Real Red 102482, Whisper White 100730, Night Of Navy 100867
Tools: Large Star Punch 110710, Star Punch 109045, Word Window Punch 105090, Bone Folder 102300, Mat Pack 105826, Crop-A-Dile 108362,
Ink: Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad 103133
Other Embellishments: Star eyelets (retired)